The Williams Syndrome Association has established a medical treatment assistance fund to help individuals with Williams syndrome receive the best possible care.
The WSA offers financial support to help families cover the non‐insured expenses associated with essential treatments for their children (of any age). Covered expenses should be related to essential medical treatments, surgical procedures or 2nd opinions for surgical procedures and include (but are not limited to):
- Travel expenses
- Airfare ‐ for individual with WS and 1 parent if family is out of state
- Mileage expenses if traveling by car
- Lodging ‐ if treatment requires more than 1 day
- Special equipment or services needed for treatment (non‐covered portion of expense)
- Respite services for siblings while parents are out oftown with child with WS
Applications may be submitted by email, fax or postal mail, provided that all required attachments are included.
Awards are made on a rolling basis. Award amounts will be determined by financial need.
Applications and supporting documents can be mailed to:
Williams Syndrome Association, Inc.
Medical Treatment Assistance Fund
570 Kirts Blvd. #223
Troy, MI 48084
For more information, or to send forms by fax or email:
Phone: 800‐806‐1871 Fax: 248‐244‐2230